Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Great Ribbons For Masculine Cards

Hello, Ribbon Lovers!  I'm excited, because the Colors of Autumn Ribbon Club Assortment has some great ribbons for masculine cards!  Take a look:



I made this playful monochromatic card for our oldest son's birthday.  We've always called him "The Ideas Man" because he's always in the middle of making, building or planning some fabulous project. 




You can create fabulous textured borders on a masculine card by layering ribbons down the side.  Here, I've used two of the ribbons from this month's Ribbon Club assortment: 3/8" Kiwi Diamond Satin and Kiwi Square in Square Printed Satin. They are attached with Scor-tape and topped with a Natural Burlap String bow.  To add an additional pop of color to the bow cluster, I included a scrap of the printed ribbon.  This was topped with a custom button.




The papers are from Graphic 45's Times Nouveau Classic Collection.  The gears and steampunk gentleman are Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.


Inside, I stamped a sentiment and added a pocket/tag combo.


The tag has room on the back for a personal message, while the pocket has plenty of room for a gift card.

I hope you found some inspiration here today, and that you'll soon have time for creative fun!
Thanks for stopping by!

Cheerio,
kathy


 

2 comments :

  1. I love this, and so nice to see ribbons on a guy card.
    Sierra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sierra! I almost always put ribbon on my masculine cards. This month's ribbon club is loaded with great "guy" ribbons.

      Delete

We'd love to hear what you have to say