Sunday, June 7, 2015

Perfect for the New Baby


I love to go to my local craft store to see what is new to make and this week I found a really pretty wooden shadow box to paint up.  I needed a gift for a special new baby so I found some beautiful papers from Kaisercraft that were perfect and started my project.


My favorite part of the frame is actually the new ribbon that RRR just got in and the way that I did the outside.  The ribbon is from the Canvas Color band collection and it has a really pretty stitch running on both sides and a line in the center.  It's really nice and it goes great with my project.  And for the outside I used a stencil and a sponge dauber and simply sponged the white ink on it and let it dry.  I really like the way that it gave it a subtle lace effect and added just the right amount of pizazz to it.

And of course I had to make a mini card to send with it and it has the same papers and some ivory burlap string and a few pretty ivory cherry blossoms to match.


And here is a quick closeup of the ribbon for you to see. The color I picked is called sage.

Thanks so much for dropping over and I hope you got inspired to make a few things
up for the new babies in your life too.  Have a wonderful weekend.

Teresa

2 comments :

We'd love to hear what you have to say