Saturday, August 23, 2014

Candy Corn Peat Pot Buckets Tutorial















My turn to share a tutorial here at RRR.   I started with some little peat pots and painted them up in pumpkin orange.  I used my crop-a-dile (remember those?) to make holes on either side and used some faux canvas ribbon in black for the handles.  I then added some homemade crepe papers to the bottom and top of each bucket.  My next step was to make some bows using plaid ribbon in black and added them to the side.  From here start having fun layering your diecuts and images and add dimension with some foam adhesive.   Other than that, I just had to add a bit more ribbon nestled inside the gingham.  I added orange seam binding and Halloween baker's twine along with a hand stamped Maya Road tag and jingle bell to finish them off.  Now they are ready for some candy corn or other sweet delight for this coming Halloween!
Enjoy, Cherry

3 comments :

  1. Fab! Love Halloween and love this project! Love all the details, Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful!! Love all the details and the buckets are a really nice idea. Thanks for sharing it with all of us :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing transformations don't you just love Halloween projects!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say