Sunday, May 18, 2014

A little shabby chic frame set


Hi everyone, it's Teresa here today and I want to share a shabby chic project I did for my crafty room.  I am doing a little remodeling with lots of shabby chic pinks and roses so I thought I would make this week's projects something to go up on the wall for inspiration as I craft and a little something to keep the little trinkets I pick up from traveling.....


So as everything starts with some kind of inspiration...I had this stamp that I got at Donna Downey's studio in North Carolina this past year and it was the perfect size to fit inside the wooden frame that I picked up and had in my stash. So with all the beautiful ribbons and flowers from Really Reasonable Ribbons it was easy to put this together quickly.  I used the WOC Cottage Roses and Baby Pink Seam Binding and just a little bit of Burlap String to really give it that old fashioned shabby chic look I wanted.


To make the hanging frame- I painted all the wooden pieces with white paint from Folk Art and then glued it on layered pieces of paper and let that dry. I stamped my image on white paper with grey ink to match the papers and then glued it on the front and added some pearls.  The ribbons and flowers I think really made it, and I attached another piece of white seam binding on the back so that I can hang it up.


Since I had my paints out I thought I would make up this box and to make it go quicker I added a few pieces of paper from Teresa Collins that matched with the flowers.  This was really quick and now I have a place to put some of the trinkets I have laying around my craft room.

That's it for today from me and I hope you like it and it inspires you to make something fun for yourself or someone special in your life.  Have a great day!

5 comments :

  1. Oh wow this is truly so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it... it is so cute...
    Where can I get the frames, please.
    Thank you very much
    Bego

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Begoa... you can get the frames from Micheals and some of the other chipboard company's that sell frames... Better yet you can cut a fancy one from a Spellbinders die and also cut one from chipboard to back it with :) Have fun!

      Delete
  3. So shabby-chic gorgeous! Your style is so very elegant Teresa. I just love it! Beautiful and inspiring, tfs! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say