Wednesday, June 12, 2013

freedom...









 
 
 
 

Hello there!   I have a little patriotic bingo card tutorial for you using fun RRR ribbons.  I usually start by grabbing things in a general theme and piling them on my desk.  Any thing that grabs my eye I grab...I usually don't end up using it all but like to have all options open.  My next step of course was the base, my bingo card...and than I started with my wood flag and than layering things on top.  I love to add a lot of depth to my altered pieces.  I used 3d foam tabs  from Tombow for my dimension. I added my freedom sentiment along with the tinsel and crepe papers.  I threaded both 5/8 red gingham and  red seam binding through the top and added mother of pearl buttons.  Before adding my buttons.. I added some softness with the Alison white crochet lace .  From there I just added a trio of blueberry pie buttons and white buttons wound with blue berry bakers twine.  I added a vintage mother of pearl buckle to the middle with more gingham and I was done.   I think with altered pieces more than with cards you have more options for depth and using things that might be a bit too heavy for cardstock.  That is why I love to create altered pieces.  Hope you enjoy....get those patriotic pieces on display!   hugs, cherry
 
 

4 comments :

  1. Such a gorgeous card!! Thanks for sharing the steps! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS CHERRY!!!!!!!!! (I KNEW it was your work!) :) I've been working on getting Patriotic things together to craft with!!!!! I SEE I probably need a few more things! :) LOVE "INDEPENDANCE DAY!!!!!!!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card - Love it - as always from Cherry!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say