Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Playing with Textures

 
Hi everyone!  Vivian here to share with you a recent card project that's all golden. In my mixed media work and various papercrafting projects, I've been playing around with shapes that are somewhat abstract and have really gotten excited about the multitude of ways in which we can incorporate texture into our projects.  
 
The great variety of textures in the fibers available at the Really Reasonable Ribbon shop makes me really happy!  So while some folks crave the mall and fashions, I am perfectly content to stay home in my pajamas and load my online RRR cart!  Check out how this stuff glistens in the morning light!
Time for me to order more organza!
In this card project, I liberally wrapped a square of richly decorative foiled patterned paper with Metallic String Gold.  Then I randomly wove a few lengths of Sheer Iridescent Copper Organza through the strands of gold string.
My focal image is an abstract cluster of textures created with the aforementioned fibers, pearls, and a matte translucent button.
And one of my favorite Hampton Art sentiments, a reminder to take life one day at a time.  We all need that, don't we?  Especially on humpdays.  Hope y'all cruise on into the weekend and see you back here next month.
-Vivian
SUPPLIES:
Really Reasonable Ribbon - Metallic String Gold, Sheer Iridescent Copper Organza
Hampton Art - Blooming Memories Clear Stamp Set
SEI - "Arboretum" Field Notes Patterned Paper
DCWV - The Gilded Orchard Stack
Clearsnap - Top Boss Watermark Ink
Tim Holtz - Vintage Photo Distress Ink
Tsukineko - Gold embossing powder
Spellbinders - Frame die for sentiment
La Mode - Button

3 comments :

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous Vivian!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is SOOOO LOVELY & RICH IN COLOR!!!!!!!! I LOOOOOOOVE all the gold!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great texture vivian, i too love that copper color.
    ava g

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say