Friday, December 23, 2011

I Love Coffee!

I do love a good cup of coffee, but I also love the scent, and I love using coffee as a dye/aging process for seam binding. There are so many gorgeous colors in the Really Reasonable Ribbon store HERE. When I want to add an aged look, I add coffee! Take a look:
I used Dark Peach Seam Binding with these steps:
1. Brew a cup of coffee and fill Mini Mister with cooled coffee.
2. On a craft sheet or plastic placemat, spray coffee onto seam binding, while crinkling at the same time.
3. Continue spraying and crinkling until desired shades are achieved. Let dry.

Easy to do and it ends up smelling wonderful too!  My lace is from an antique store that I raided this fall looking for vintage lace and Valentines to use on projects. For more deets about this card, and to see all the supplies I used, visit my blog. Have a great day!






3 comments :

  1. I love a coffee too!! your card is gorgeous:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of coffee but never drink any.
    Your card is beautiful and I love the aged ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and love the vintage image :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say