Monday, January 10, 2011

Silks and Ruffles and Butterflies OH MY!!!

So much to share today everyone. Hi It's Erika Taylor here and I'm super excited about a few projects I've been working on using ribbons from Really Reasonable Ribbon.

I am absolutely head over heels in love with all of the hand dyed silks available at the store. They come in every color imaginable and the photos on the site truly don't do them justice. Such luxurious tones and they are truly a dream to work with. So here we go.

First is a project I've created using the Rudbeckia and Liquid Amber hand dyed silks. I've created little roses using grungeboard circles and Helmar Quick Fix Adhesive Runner. It is a little artsy, but it holds my odds and sods from Gauche Alchemy. The box is actually an upcycled Ferrero Rocher box. I just couldn't throw it away lol.


Next I have a little bit of a vintage feel to share with you. For this one I used the super pretty Double Ruffle White ribbon.Where is it you ask? I've sprayed it with Vintage Pink Glimmer Mist to match the card. How fun is that!!! Keep your eyes open on the blog for tutorials on how to dye ribbons to match what your needs are. You are going to love them.




That's it for today. I hope that you are all enjoying January so far. We have our monthly Blog hop coming up on the 13th, so get ready to see some amazing projects from the Design Team. Thanks so much for stopping by. Until next time.......

Toodles
Erika Taylor




3 comments :

  1. Beautiful job on the box and card, can't wait to see the tutorial on how to dye ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the 'artsy' look of your recycled box...awesome Erika! Pretty pink ribbon...will watch out for your tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say