Saturday, July 10, 2010

"Purrr-fect bird-day!" With Organza



Hello All!
True :D here.
I just about forgot my Saturday post for Really Reasonable Ribbon! I am in the middle of a garage sale this weekend and have been crazy busy! The card has been done for some time. I submitted it for a special project book that I am a part of, but it was not accepted. OK, everybody all at once say....awwwwww. It is OK though because 5 others were! woot woot! I can't wait until I can give you more details!
All evening long I kept thinking that I was forgetting something. Sure enough...when it was time to hit the hay...it came to me!
Luckily, pictures had been taken and watermarks loaded! I even had a card recipe already done! LOL!
I used the adorable "Inky Antics" stamp called "Kitty Pair Square".


It was colored with watercolors then cut out and popped a few times for added dimension.
The DP is from Basic Grey's "Sugar Rush" and that pretty green cardstock is The Paper Temptress's "Spring Larch" glimmer paper.
The finishing touch is of course that beautiful organza from Really Reasonable Ribbon! I used mauve and aqua, both in 5/8" width.
My tip for today is to use 2 different colors of organza together for ting a bow. I just love the effect it gives!
Click on any picture for a better view.


Card Recipe:
STAMPS USED: Inky Anticks #0781F "Kitty Pair Square"
CS/PAPERS: Basic Grey's - Sugar Rush "Big Cherry", The Paper Temptress's: Neenah Solar White, Spring Larch Glimmer
INK: Staz-On - Jet Black, Versa Magic dew drops in Oasis Green and Malted Mauve
ACCENTS/TOOLS: Ribbon: organza ribbon in Mauve and Aqua from Really Reasonable Ribbon, All Sorts of Things matte brads by Lasting Impressions in Seaside #34469, Wizard with square and scalloped square and rectangle Nestabilities, sewing machine with pink thread, computer and printer for sentiment, Stampin' Up's Crystal Effects, foam tape, glue, piercing tool
COLORING: KOH-I-NOOR Watercolor Wheel Stack
TECHNIQUES USED: Stamping, water coloring, sewing, 3D, tole'
SKILL LEVEL: Medium
Better get off of here for now....It is past my bedtime!
Headed for auto post now! ;)
Hugs,
True :D

3 comments :

  1. i really love the card
    hugs angelique

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card True...can't believe it wasn't accepted...I think it's purrrfect!!

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say