Thursday, July 8, 2010


Hi! It's Gini and I have a lovely project to share with you today using a really cool ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbons. Often times, I think of ribbons as being formal or cute - but not usually rustic. This new jute ribbon comes in different widths and colors, and is just perfect to use with a country type image such as this one from Stampavie.

To keep the ribbon from unraveling, I wrapped Scor-tape to the back of my cardstock, and placed the ribbon down before cutting it. It works perfectly!

I colored my cutie girl with copics, but then used some ultra fine Flower Soft in toffee to ground the image. The edges were highly distressed with distress inks in Frayed Burlap.

There is still time to play along with our Patriotic challenge - just add your card by 5PM CST on July 14th. We always love seeing what you come up with!

4 comments :

  1. Gini, your projects always make me smile. Love the Jute on this one and the coloring is so extra pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of fall!!! I am so ready for it to not be 100 degrees!
    Love that burlap!!!!
    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're absolutely right Gina, love the rustic look of the jute ribbon with your card! Just gorgeous! Outstanding coloring! You've done a fabulous job!

    ~Hugs~Kym

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear what you have to say